What is an escape room game?
An escape room is an interactive activity where teams race against the clock to solve puzzles and unlock codes to complete the mission and/or escape using only common sense, logic and the power of teamwork. There is NO fear factor or strenuous physical activity involved in the game.
Who can play?
Escape rooms are fun for everyone! Bring your friends, coworkers, families and neighbors. It’s a new entertainment venue, and a great change from the usual dinner, movie or bar scene. Come and check it out – you won’t believe how fast an hour flies by! Also great for team building for sports teams, corporations, and other groups. If you have any special accessibility requirements, please let us know in advance so that we can do our best to make your experience as enjoyable as possible.
Is there an age limit?
While Room Escape Williamsburg offers great fun in a safe environment; We recommend our rooms for 12 and older our rooms are designed for that age group, but there is nothing stopping you from bringing those under 12. Children 12 to 15 must be accompanied by an adult in the room with them.
Do we need any special skills or knowledge?
No! This escape game will give you an adrenaline rush, but it only requires the ability to observe, open your mind to creative thought and apply logic. Just remember, everything in the escape room is there for a reason (even if it is just a red herring!)
How long does the escape game last?
You should plan on spending 90 minutes at Room Escape Williamsburg. We ask that teams arrive 15 minutes early so that we can brief you on your room escape adventure. Afterwards, we would like you to participate in a mission debrief and pictures.
If I am late to my appointment, can I still play?
If you are late to your appointment, unfortunately we cannot allow you to play. Allowing you inside will disrupt our other scheduled bookings and it is not fair for other participants. No refunds will be issued for any late arrivals or for any no-shows. Please make sure to arrive 15 minutes early prior to your booking time.
How much does it cost to play?
We charge $27 for each individual player.
How do I book a reservation?
Our booking process is easy! Just click our Booking page and choose the date and time for your escape room game. The Booking page shows how many tickets are still available for the escape game you have selected. Please note that if you do not book a private room escape, other players may book in the same game with you. But don’t worry — being in a room together for 60 minutes is a great way to make new friends!
Can I book a private escape game?
Although Room Escape Williamsburg is a great way to meet new people, we understand that you might want a private game. If you would like a private escape room booking, simply book all the slots.
How can I book a corporate event?
We would love to host your corporate training or team building event. Check our Team Building page for more information on how we can build a customized escape room game to fit your needs.
How can I schedule a room escape party or special occasion?
From birthday parties to marriage proposals, we can customize a room to maximize the element of surprise. Contact us for more information.
What is your cancellation/change policy?
We will try our best to accommodate booking changes, but we ask that you contact us at least 4 days prior to your room escape game time. Please note there are no refunds, and no shows and late shows will not be re-scheduled. Plan on arriving 15 minutes prior to your scheduled start time. The event starts promptly at your scheduled start time.
Can I buy an escape the room gift certificate?
Room Escape Williamsburg Gift Certificates make awesome gifts for families and friends and are a unique gift for company partners, employees and parties. (Several of our customers have bought private escape room games and then included themselves on the invite list!) Click on our Gift Certificates page to buy a certificate. Gift certificates expire one year after purchase date.
How do we escape the room?
We take your safety seriously — there is always an open exit so you are never really locked in a room (but to win, you need to find a different exit). We provide our players the following hints:
- Teamwork is a must.
- Communication is key — share any clues you find and let everyone have a voice.
- Put all clues in a central location — move them once they have been used to solve a puzzle.
- Explore, explore, explore! Does something seem out of place?
- Your mood — come with a fun, enthusiastic attitude. Teams that get into the game always finish faster (and have more fun!). Celebrate each puzzle you solve and move onto the next one!
- We enjoy a great party like everyone but save the alcohol until after the game — you will need all your brain cells.
- Break up the pack — divide and conquer.
- Manage your time and know when to ask for a hint.
- Follow the rules. Our staff will review the rules of the game with you before you begin, which include:
• There is no need to lift or move heavy objects, or climb on top of furniture.
• Do not use excessive force. If something seems secured in place, it is. If you break something in one of our games by using excessive force or reckless behavior, you will pay for it.
• Don’t guess random combinations, try to pick locks, or use force to try opening locks.
• Cell phones and other electronic devices must remain off and cannot be used inside the room.
How do we contact Room Escape Williamsburg?
You can contact us here.